Pinal Emergency Notification System has issued a blowing dust advisory. Expected storms are forecasted for the area.
KOFA-SOUTHEAST YUMA COUNTY-GILA RIVER VALLEY-TONOPAH DESERT- GILA BEND-BUCKEYE/AVONDALE-SOUTH MOUNTAIN/AHWATUKEE- SOUTHEAST VALLEY/QUEEN CREEK-NORTHWEST PINAL COUNTY- WEST PINAL COUNTY-APACHE JUNCTION/GOLD CANYON- SONORAN DESERT NATL MONUMENT- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF PALM CANYON, LIGURTA, ARLINGTON, HASSAYAMPA, TONOPAH, WINTERSBURG, GILA BEND, SENTINEL, AVONDALE, CASHION, GOODYEAR, LIBERTY, SUN LAKES, QUEEN CREEK, CASA GRANDE, FLORENCE, COOLIDGE, APACHE JUNCTION, AND KAKA
…BLOWING DUST ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MST THIS EVENING…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PHOENIX HAS ISSUED A BLOWING DUST ADVISORY, WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MST
- WHERE…PORTIONS OF SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST ARIZONA.
- VISIBILITIES…DROPPING BELOW 1 MILE AT TIMES.
- WINDS…GUSTS OF 30-40 MPH AT TIMES (LOCALLY HIGHER).
- TIMING…STARTING AROUND 4 PM AND ENDING BY AROUND 9PM
- IMPACTS…HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS DUE TO SUDDENLY REDUCED VISIBILITY. IN ADDITION, STRONG WIND GUSTS WILL MAKE VEHICLE HANDLING MORE DIFFICULT. AFFECTED ROADWAYS INCLUDE I-10 AND I-8.
BE READY FOR A SUDDEN DROP IN VISIBILITY. IF YOU ENCOUNTER BLOWING DUST OR BLOWING SAND ON THE ROADWAY OR
SEE IT APPROACHING, PULL OFF THE ROAD AS FAR AS POSSIBLE AND PUT YOUR VEHICLE IN PARK. TURN THE LIGHTS ALL THE
WAY OFF AND KEEP YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKE PEDAL.
REMEMBER, PULL ASIDE, STAY ALIVE
Weather forecast for this evening:
50% Precip. / 0.09 in
Cloudy skies this evening followed by scattered showers and thunderstorms overnight. Low near 80F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%. Locally heavy rainfall possible.
Wednesday weather forecast:
Mostly cloudy with scattered thunderstorms mainly in the morning. High 92F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%. Locally heavy rainfall possible.