Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Wants You To Celebrate Safely & Drive To Arrive
By Marnie Schubert, Director of Communications, Queen Creek Marketing & Recreation
The holiday season has arrived with cheerful music, colder weather and holiday festivities. Many holiday parties involve alcohol, and the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) District 6 – Queen Creek encourages residents to celebrate safely this holiday season.
Driving with any alcohol in your system can be dangerous. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reminds motorists Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving. The holiday season is especially dangerous due to the celebrations and frequent parties.
MCSO Queen Creek urges residents to plan ahead and remember the following tips to avoid a DUI and keep the roads safe during the holidays:
- Even one drink can impair your judgment and reaction time. One drink can also increase the risk of getting arrested for driving drunk or having a crash.
- If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving.Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
- When you know you’ll be drinking, leave your keys at home or give them to someone who is sober.
- If you have been drinking, do not drive—even a short distance. Use a rideshare service, phone a sober friend or family member, or find out if your insurance provides tow service.
- Walking while impaired can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. Designate a sober friend to walk you home.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, contact local law enforcement when it is safe to do so.
- If you see someone you think is about to drive while impaired, take their keys and help them get home safely, you are doing it for their safety and everyone else on the road.
To report suspicious behavior, call MCSO’s non-emergency number at 602-876-1011. In an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
The holiday season is also an important time to Drive to Arrive. Distracted, aggressive driving and speeding are three of the most common factors in traffic collisions in Queen Creek. Don’t end up on Santa’s naughty list. Slow down, avoid distractions and use common courtesy to Drive to Arrive.
MCSO District 6 – Queen Creek is located at 20727 E. Civic Parkway. For additional information about MCSO, visit:
For more information about the NHTSA, visit: