Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019
9 a.m.- 4p.m.
Superstition Mountain Museum
4087 N Apache Trail (SR 88)
Apache Junction, AZ
For more information:
Fall Family Fun Fest Kicks Off 2019/20 Season
We are kicking off our 2019/20 season on Saturday, November 2, with a special “Fall Family Fun Fest!” Everyone in the community is invited to attend this free event! Bring the whole family out to enjoy this full day of excitement and fun. It will be a special day full of activities and entertainment designed to delight children of all ages! This is our way of saying THANK YOU to the communities of the Superstition Mountain areas for supporting the Museum for all these years.
- Superstition Mountain Regulators Gunfighter group.
- The G-Scale Model railroad will be up and running.
- A local train group, ABTO, will have an N-Gauge railroad set up in the Apacheland Barn
- Teton Ken will bring out with his mules and goats, doing magic tricks and telling stories about the Lost Dutchman
- Ventriloquist Chuckwqgon Wanda and Digger the Donkey will be here
- A 14 year fiddle player will be on the grounds playing her fiddle. She is really good!
- Jon the Blacksmith will be in the Blacksmith shop making products on our coal fired forge and telling stories of the Lost Dutchman
- Cowboy Steve the Rope Trick Artist will be here
- Some of our volunteers will be demonstrating Metates for grinding corn
- Kids will be able to pan for gold in front of the barn. Who knows? They may find a piece of “gold” or even an “ancient” fossil.
- Stamp Mill demonstrations will take place at 11 am and 1:00.. You can also visit the newly refurbished Assay Office, the Eighth of an Inch Mine, and the Arrastre.
- The Big Trains will be running all day.
AND MUCH MORE!
Refreshments will be available in Charlie’s General Store in the Barn, and from several food vendors around the grounds. On the patio of the Museum will be several cool raffle prizes you can take a chance on; tickets will be $1.00 each, or 6 for $5.00. While you are here, you can also buy a ticket for our Season-long raffle. This season we are raffling off a US $10 Gold Eagle 1/4 oz Gold coin.
Second prize will be a US $1 Silver Eagle 1 oz silver coin.
Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.The drawing will be held on April 4th, at end of the Lecture SeriesFinale musical concert. Winners need not be present to win.