Here’s A Little Help To Keep Those New Year Resolutions On Track
Apple Spice Muffins
The first recipe we bring you is one for low sugar apple spice muffins. Low sugar muffins? Um, yes please!
These apple spice muffins are the dreamiest low sugar desserts you’ll find in a muffin tray.
The secret behind these muffins and their deliciousness? Apples, honey, bananas, pecans, ground cinnamon, almond meal, and flax meal — all healthy ingredients that make these muffins low in calories, sugar, and carbs.
Try baking these for your New Year’s get-together, and let us know if they’re a hit with your friends and family.
Now, on to how to make them!
- 1/3 cup of flax meal
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of apples, finely chopped
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped
- 12 apple slices
- 12 whole pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flax meal, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, raw honey, and mashed banana. Mix well until no large lumps of banana remain.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until fully combined. Fold in the chopped apples and pecans.
- Fill each muffin cup until they’re three-fourths filled. Top with an apple slice and a pecan. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Let the pan cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 318mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Sugar: 6g