Recipes From Local Businesses
By, San Tan Valley Fit Body Boot Camp
Don’t skip the shrimp!
This Cajun shrimp recipe is fantastic! The spices remind you of delicious traditional Southern cuisine, and it’s topped off with a savory cilantro dressing. Serve with some fresh veggies and/or grains for a full meal!
The real treat here is how nutritious these shrimp are. They’re low in calories, carbs, and sugar, and high in protein. Plus, you’ll grill the shrimp on skewers, which is healthier for you than frying them.
Shrimp has never looked—or tasted—this good before!
- For the Cajun Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 of a teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3/4 of a teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of red pepper flakes
For the Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 20 extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the Cilantro Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of scallions, white only, minced
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
In a large bowl, combine the spice blend and mix well. Add in the olive oil and shrimp and toss until well-coated.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Skewer the shrimp by poking through the thickest part of the shrimp and through the tail, so that it is secured in two places. Grill until cooked through, turning halfway through (about 7 minutes).
In a medium bowl, combine the cilantro dressing ingredients. Brush the dressing over the cooked shrimp and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 716mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 21g