A Tasty Spaghetti Squash Recipe
By San Tan Valley Fit Body Boot Camp
Feeling some spaghetti? Don’t want to eat anything too heavy?
Try today’s spaghetti squash recipe—it’s sure to satisfy pasta lovers and meat fans alike!
This recipe skips traditional noodles in favor of spaghetti squash, a vegetable alternative that’s healthier for you! You’ll still taste traditional Italian staples ingredients such as marinara sauce and garlic, and you won’t fall into a food coma once you’re finished.
Oh, and did we mention this dish comes with chicken too? It’s a skillet you’ll want to cook again and again and again!
Let’s get cooking!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 (25 oz) jar of marinara sauce
- 2 cups of roasted, chopped chicken breast
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and scrape out and discard the seeds. Spray the cut side with olive oil. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Place the cut side down on the foil-lined baking sheet and place it in the preheated oven until tender (about 45 minutes). Once cooled, scoop the tender noodles out of the skins and set aside in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the olive oil, garlic, and onion. Sauté them until the onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the chopped zucchini and Italian seasoning and continue to cook until the zucchini is tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add in the marinara sauce. roasted chicken, and tender spaghetti squash. Mix well and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with basil. Serve and enjoy!
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 27g