As Reported By ADOT As Of 3:50 AM
A winter storm has closed multiple stretches of highway in Arizona’s high country. Motorists are advised to stay off roads and delay their travel.
- I-17 northbound closed from SR 179 junction to Flagstaff.
- I-40 closed from US 93 to Winslow.
- SR 87 closed from Payson to Winslow.
- SR 89 closed from Drake to Ash Fork.
- SR 89A closed from Sedona to the I-17 junction.
- SR 260 closed from Camp Verde to SR 87.
- SR 66 closed from Kingman to 20 miles west of Seligman.
If you encounter a snowplow, do not pass the plow and leave plenty of space between your vehicle and the plow. If you are approaching an oncoming snowplow, slow down and give the plow extra room.
Updates will be sent as conditions improve and road restrictions are lifted. For the most current information about highway closures and restrictions statewide, visit ADOT’s Travel Information Site at az511.gov, follow us on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511.