Work is currently taking place on the south end of the project, from Johnson Ranch Boulevard/Gantzel Road through Magma Road on Hunt Highway to construct improvements.
- Scheduled to take place Friday, MAR 15, paving crews will pave Quartzite Road at Hunt Highway and also the north half of Copper Mine Road at Hunt Highway. Once paving is complete, Quartzite should reopen Friday afternoon, and Copper Mine Road traffic will be shifted to the north side of Copper Mine Road onto the new pavement.
- Scheduled for late Friday afternoon and Saturday (MAR 15-16) once Quartzite is reopened, the Shops at Copper Basin driveway will be CLOSED for crews to prepare this area for paving. Scheduled for Monday, MAR 18, crews will pave the driveway to the Shops at Copper Basin and also the south half of Copper Mine Road.
- Also scheduled for Monday, MAR 18, crews will mill (remove asphalt) and prepare for the paving of Magma Road from Superstition Views to Stardust Drive. To accommodate this work, Magma Road will be CLOSED from Superstition Views to Stardust Drive from MAR 18 – 20. There will be no through traffic permitted; however, Superstition Views will have access to Hunt Highway.
- Scheduled for MAR 19 – 22, paving crews will pave the base course (bottom layer) and also the surface course (top layer) of asphalt on Hunt Highway, from Johnson Ranch Boulevard/Gantzel Road through to Magma Road. During this time, and scheduled for MAR 20, Copper Mine Road will be CLOSED to allow for paving through Hunt Highway at Copper Mine. In addition, during this time electric crews will switch over the traffic signal. During the paving activity, please be preparedfor traffic shifts throughout the week to accommodate the work. Both Quartzite and Shops at Copper Basin are scheduled to be open during this time; however traffic will be detoured onto Tourmaline and Judd Roads.
- This paving plan is tentative and contingent on favorable weather. If weather prevents an activity from taking place, the dates may change, but the sequence of events will remain the same.
- As a reminder, speeds have been reduced through the work zone (25 mph) for the safety of nearby residents, travelers, and construction crews. Please obey traffic signage as it is placed for your safety.
Business and resident access is being maintained, and we thank you for your continued patience during this construction.
For project questions or information: 480.898.4100 or visit www.HuntGantzel.com