Potentially Perfect Job For Pet Lovers
By Pinal County Animal Care & Control
Salary: $27,920.00 – $31,410.00 Annually
Location: 1150 S. Eleven Mile Corner Rd. Casa Grande, AZ
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Animal Control
Job Number: 201800390
Clean and maintain the animal shelter, provide basic care for the shelter animals for the Animal Control Department, assist with animal evaluations, monitor animals, and oversee inmate workers under basic supervision.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Clean the animal shelter, wash floors, clean food dishes, disinfect kennels, and clean the bathroom and office.
- Provide care and health evaluations for the animals, feed animals, treat minor injuries, provide medicines, look for disease indicators, and impound stray pen animals, and secure all kennels and buildings at end of day.
- Perform repairs and upkeep of building and grounds, including fences, water lines, and landscaping.
- Clean laundry, dishes, litter pans, blankets and sheets.
- Maintain accuracy of animal inventory database.
- Assist the Animal Control Officers as requested and assist with overseeing inmate workers.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent AND six (6) months of animal handing AND custodial or commercial cleaning experience OR a certificate of completion as a Veterinary Assistant from an accredited Technical School.
- Valid Arizona State Driver’s License.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- Supplemental Information
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Learn more: