Community Affairs Advisor
Job ID: 393
Location: Florence Copper Project
Job Type: Full Time Regular
Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Public Affairs, the Community Affairs Associate is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of all public affairs activities and projects and ensuring the success of the stakeholder outreach program.
- Bachelor’s degree media/communications/English/science or related fields is highly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- 1 to 2 years or more of work experience in an office environment is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of public affairs in Arizona, ideally within Pinal County and Town of Florence, is preferred
- Some experience with social media, video production, graphic design and/or website design is preferred
Heavy Equipment Operator – Solid Waste
Job Number: 19-0063
Salary: $17.50 – $24.52 Hourly
Location: South Area Service Center, 4760 S. Greenfield Road, Gilbert, AZ 85297
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Public Works
The Heavy Equipment Operator reports to the Environmental Services Supervisor. The primary function of this position is to safely operate rear loading, side loading and/or front loading automated refuse vehicles and/or a roll off truck collecting refuse and recycling on a designated route of apartments, office buildings, residential customers, commercial establishments or other sites of contained refuse/recycling and hauling to disposal sites.
Report improper equipment performance or other maintenance related problems to fleet maintenance mechanics and supervisor. Perform routine service on vehicles such as washing, cleaning, fueling, checking and adding oil, hydraulic fluid, and water as needed, checking instruments, mirrors, brakes, steering and signals, maintaining tire pressure and draining air tanks.
Inform supervisor of unsafe or broken containers and unsafe, difficult or poorly maintained collection sites. Assignments may include performing skilled and semi-skilled work in the maintenance and servicing of refuse containers including painting, delivering and inspecting of containers. Prepare records and complete daily route sheet statistics, answer customer questions related to refuse schedule and service and provide customer focused service.
Ideal candidates will have good energy and enthusiasm, work well with co-workers, and customers and management team, be quick at solving problems independently and have a strong work ethic. Knowledge and skill required for success in this position is familiarity with the Town of Gilbert driving routes, a strong history of attendance and punctuality, record-keeping ability and attention to safety.
Maintenance and Operations Technician
Job Number: B21 1295 10-3-2018
Salary: $38,137.48 – $53,392.52 Annually
Location: 22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Public Works
Incumbents perform the more complex of the semi-skilled activities that may require a license to perform the activities such as refrigeration and light to medium equipment operations. Incumbents may serve as a lead to community service workers, volunteers and part-timers.
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., specialized training and experience relating to area of assignment and two years of relevant maintenance experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Staff members assigned to Parks and Grounds must successfully complete a five (5) week arborist training class, eight (8) hours of formal playground safety inspection training, multiple equipment operation trainings, annual OPM certified chemical safety training, and numerous minor safety trainings.
Licensing Requirements/Special Requirements (positions in this class typically require):
- Arizona Driver’s License
Salary: $17.47 – $24.46 Hourly
Location: 5835 S Sossaman Road, Mesa, AZ
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Operations & Maintenance
Job Number: 00271
Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations Specialist is responsible for providing journey level technical airport operations support for ensuring compliance with FAA regulations and recordkeeping. Responsibilities, as assigned, may include; safety & security inspections; monitoring and maintaining inventory; monitoring compliance with applicable regulations related to airport operations; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Ensures Airfield Compliance with FAA Regulation while performing skilled inspection, troubleshooting, and minor repair to equipment and/or infrastructure, or reports and provides final inspection sign-off.
- Enforcement of Airport Rules & Regulations, Airport Certification Manual, Wildlife Hazard Management Plan (WHMP), Air Quality Permit, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Airport Minimum Standards.
- Identifies potential areas of operational concern; identifies non-compliance with applicable regulation, rule, policy, procedure, or guidance; and documents or reports as applicable.
- Monitors and maintains materials, supplies, equipment, and/or other applicable inventory items in assigned area of responsibility; initiates the procurement of replacement items.
- Prepares a variety of logs, documents, and reports regarding quantity of materials handled, equipment operations, equipment conditions, maintenance and repair activities, and related information.
- Provides relief to Airport Operations Agent and Control Operator assignments and positions.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.