Terminal Operations Agent (FT and PT)
Job Number: 00263
Salary: $12.27 Hourly
Location: 5835 S Sossaman Road, Mesa, AZ
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Operations & Maintenance
The Terminal Operations Agent position is responsible for performing entry level and/or semi-skilled operational activities that include: monitoring equipment and inventory; monitoring safety and security; providing customer service; preparing records and logs; and/or, performing other duties as assigned. Time in this role is split between the Control and Terminal assignments.
Control Assignment: This assignment is responsible for providing routine clerical support activities such as filing, copying, document scanning, directing callers using a switchboard, providing clear radio communication, data entry, security video monitoring, providing customer service, maintaining logs, and word processing of routine documents. This is sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time.
Terminal Assignment: This assignment is responsible for controlling security access and conducting badge inspections, routine security inspections of equipment and deliveries, enforcement of the terminal building curb line, providing customer service to employees, vendors, tenants and terminal passengers, and conducting light janitorial duties as needed. This assignment requires reaching, standing, walking, hearing, and talking.
High School Diploma or GED and, as assigned, one (1) year of work experience in either security, customer service, dispatching, aviation or airport environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Arizona Driver’s License is required.
Plans Examiner - Engineering
Job Number: 19-0046
Salary: $24.73 – $35.86 Hourly
Location: 90 E. Civic Center Drive, Gilbert, Arizona, 85296
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Development Services
The Plans Examiner – Engineering reports to the Plan Review Supervisor. The primary function of this position is to provide technical evaluation and review of plans and/or design/construction documents pertaining to Commercial and Subdivision projects, as well as landscape improvement plans, model home complexes, and subdivision site amenities. The incumbent ensures the completeness, accuracy, and conformance with municipal development guidelines, zoning codes and ordinances and the Town Public Work’s Standards and Details.
Report improper equipment performance or other maintenance related problems to fleet maintenance mechanics and supervisor. Perform routine service on vehicles such as washing, cleaning, fueling, checking and adding oil, hydraulic fluid, and water as needed, checking instruments, mirrors, brakes, steering, and signals, maintaining tire pressure and draining air tanks.
- Associate’s degree with an emphasis in civil engineering, architectural engineering, construction plans examination, or closely related field.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge skills and abilities for this job classification.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with construction plan review/interpretation of complex residential and non-residential projects, reports, legal descriptions, and code interpretation. Customer service experience responding to questions, concerns, processes from the public.
Job Number: 18-0177
Salary: $20.05 – $29.07 Hourly
Location: 50 E. Civic Center Dr., Gilbert, AZ
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Finance & Management Services
The Payroll Specialist reports to the Assistant Accounting Manager. The Payroll Specialist performs a variety of payroll administrative support functions in the processing of the Town’s payroll. This position provides customer service to internal and external customers, and assists in the audit and processing of timecards and benefits related items for town employees.
- Associates degree in Payroll, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field;
- 5 years of experience processing full-cycle payroll (municipal experience preferred), working with automated timecard software, tax filing, auditing, and reconciling Federal and State taxes, daily payroll operations, and providing internal and external customer service;
- Complete understanding of the full-cycle payroll process;
- Knowledge of pension systems and associated reporting;
- Familiar with Federal and State tax laws;
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel, timekeeping and payroll software;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Proven ability to work well under tight deadlines