This week focus is on J.O. Combs School District. The school district currently has several positions available.
Teacher, Preschool 2019-2020
Salary Schedule: Certified Initial Salary Placement
Benefits: As per District policy
Contract: 10 months, 198 days
Hours: 40 weekly
Reports To: Principal and Director of Special Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Mission, Vision, and goals of JO Combs Unified School District. Instruct students in daily living skills required for independent maintenance as needed
- Provides support for toileting and/or change diapers as needed for dependent students
- Supports and/or feed students as needed
- Supervises 1:1 paraprofessionals and/ or nursing providers as needed
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Supervises paraprofessionals
- Trains paraprofessionals to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally
- Trains paraprofessionals to take data on goals
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follow special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores and writes reports for achievement testing when appropriate
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Participates in PLCs when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for general education classroom teacher to implement
- Participates in professional development in the district and outside of the district when appropriate
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required
- Develops an IEP for each student
- Conducts IEPs in “real time”
- Serves as a team member for FBA and PBIP plans
- Administers assessments to students on caseload, included but not limited to: STARS, DIBELS, Career Inventories, state-wide test
- If appropriate, develops transition plans outlining specific steps to prepare students for post-secondary study
- May be required to participate in student’s meetings which occur beyond the staff’s work assignment schedule.
Contract: 9 Months, 186 Days
Hours per Day: Part-time position, approximately 2 hours per day
Reports to: Principal or Dean
The Crossing Guard is responsible for safely assisting students across streets and appropriately controlling vehicular and pedestrian traffic at crossings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of traffic regulations pertaining to school and pedestrian crossings.
- Knowledge of traffic control devices.
- Ability to quickly assess and make a determination of safety with traffic and students.
- Ability to manage groups of children.
- Ability to clearly state directions in an outdoor environment, must often speak over noise of traffic.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, students and the public.
- Reliable transportation.
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 9 Months, 198 Days
Reports to: Principal or District Nurse
Position Goal: The job of School Nurse is done for the purpose/s of overseeing the individual health needs of students; implementing health care plans directed by physicians; ensuring district health care practices comply with the laws relating to student health issues; providing appropriate immediate care for ill, medically fragile, and/or injured students; and serving as a health care resource to teachers, staff, and administrators; conducting mandated health screenings and identifying health problems for referral to appropriate parties for proper follow up treatment.
Teacher, Math 2019-2020
Contract: 10 months, 198 days
Hours: 40 per Week
Reports To: Principal
Position Goal: While under the direct supervision of the Principal, the Teacher will provide sound and consistent instruction to students, modifying curriculum as needed, to support academic growth.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid State of Arizona Teaching Certification and fingerprint clearance card
- Meets all certification requirements for the assigned grade level or subject area including proper teaching area endorsements to be Highly Qualified
- Knowledge of Arizona College and Career Ready State Standards
- Ability to assess student needs through academic assessments
- Skill in both oral and written communication
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams
- Knowledge of classroom-based assessments to drive instruction
- Skill in using computers, SMARTboard, and other equipment and materials to supplement instructional presentation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, colleagues, administration and the community