Something Light But Flavorful
By Fit Body Boot Camp
It’s time for veggies! Vegetables are nature’s healthy delight. They are low calorie and offer an abundance of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Now before you moan and groan, hear me out. Your veggies are only a roast away from tasting better than ever before!
There are so many ways to prepare, pair, and cook veggies to bring out new and unexpected flavors. Today’s recipe features a medley of vegetables that, when cooked together, will leave your taste buds craving seconds.
Time to see just how delicious healthy eating can be!
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 orange beets, peeled and cubed
- 16 pattypan squashes
- 6 mini green zucchini
- 1 purple onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange the veggies on the prepared pan in the order of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue/purple. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies in the preheated oven until browned and tender (20 minutes).
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g