Purchase Your Burn Permits

By Pinal County and San Tan Times Staff

All outside burning (unless exempt) requires a permit which includes residential, commercial, agriculture, bonfires, training exercise fires, building demolition, dangerous material, or Air Curtain Burning. 

When: October 1st through April 30th

To obtain a  BURN permit:

On-Line Application:


Or in-person:

Apache Junction Pinal County Complex
575 N Idaho Rd Suite 800
Monday (8:30-3:30)
Thursday (8:30-12:30)
Phone: 520-866-6929

Florence Pinal County
Complex – Main Office
31 N Pinal St., Bldg F
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone: 520-866-6929

Burn permits are not approved if:

  • THE date that you wish to start burning is more than 10 days from the date the application is received.
  • APPLICATION received by fax.
  • PROHIBITED items were requested to be burned.
  • INFORMATION submitted is incomplete.
  • A High Pollution Advisory (Particulate Matter) has been issued for areas within Area A.

Types of Fires include:

Residential, Commercial, Agriculture, Bonfires, Training Exercise, Building Demolition, Dangerous Materials, Air Curtain Destructors.


  • Failure to comply with burn permit conditions
    * Civil penalties up to $10,000.00 per day
  •  Reckless burning under A.R.S. 13-1706
    * Class 1 or 2 misdemeanor or Class 3 felony

Persons affected by a “No Burn” restriction are not entitled to a refund or an extension.

Agricultural burn permits can only be obtained October – April.

If you do not reside within a fire district/department coverage area, you must call the State Forester each day that you burn @ (800) 309-7081.

Exempted Fires

  • Recreational fires—are used for religious, ceremonial, cooking, or warmth. The total fuel area must be 3 feet or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in height. No permit or report is required.
  • Public Officer fires—are used by a public officer in the performance of an official duty, and must be reported to the Control Officer.