Local Students Dominating At The Future Business Leaders Of America Conference
By Lawrence Williams
Poston Butte Future Business Leaders of America attended its Region 2 Conference at ASU West campus Saturday, February 2 and had a great outing.
Poston Butte’s FBLA Advisor, Mr. Williams, took 18 members to the event and placed in the top three in 17 events.
Mr. Williams, said, “This was one of the best performances I have seen by my members at conferences in a long time.”
He said that this was a great way for them to get ready for state which will be held in Tucson, Arizona at the Westin La Paloma resort, April 24-26.
Poston Butte FBLA Region 2 Winners:
- Accounting I: Tristen Sextro – 3rd
- Business Calculations: Summer Escobar – 2nd
- Business Communications: Eric Brooks – 2nd
- Business Communications: Gracie Fogle – 3rd
- Broadcast Journalism: Team – 3rd
- Julissa Basuito & Analyce Schiavo
- Future Business Leader: Isabel Garrido – 1st
- Economics: Isabel Garrido – 3rd
- Electronic Career Portfolio:
- Analyce Schiavo – 3rd
- Global Business: Team: Ava Gitsch – 3rd
- Health Care Administration:
- Brandon Minta – 3rd
- Help Desk: Gracie Fogle – 3rd
- Impromptu Speaking: Brandon Minta – 1st
- Impromptu Speaking: Eric Brooks – 3rd
- Intro to Business Com.: Daniela Garrido – 2nd
- Introduction to FBLA:
- Kiersten Lagerhausen – 2nd
- Introduction to FBLA:
- Daniela Garrido – 3rd
- Into to Public Speaking:
- Kiersten Lagerhausen – 3rd
- Management Info Systems: Team – 3rd
- Dana Barnes
- Adrienne Deines
- DaVoni Mathis
- Marketing: Team – 3rd
- Reece Campbell-Biter
- Kiersten Lagerhausen
- Sales Presentation: Adrienne Deines – 3rd
What is FBLA Arizona?
The Future Business Leaders of America is the largest and oldest business student organization in the world! Over a quarter of a million high school and middle school students, college and university students, faculty, educators, administrators, and business professionals have chosen to be members of the premier business education association preparing students for careers in business!
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) education association with a quarter million students preparing for careers in business and business-related fields. The association has four divisions:
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) for high school students
- FBLA-Middle Level for junior high, middle, and intermediate school students;
- Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) for post-secondary students; and
- Professional Division for business people, FBLA-PBL alumni, educators, and parents who support the goals of the association.
FBLA-PBL is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, and organized on local, state, and national levels. Business teachers, advisers, and advisory councils (including school officials, business people, and community representatives) guide local chapters. State advisers and committee members coordinate chapter activities for the national organization.