San Tan Valley
- Construction on Magma Road at Hunt Highway intersection began the first week of January. Hunt Highway will remain open. However, there will be no access to Magma Road. Johnson Ranch and Superstition Views residents will need to use Johnson Ranch Boulevard to access Hunt Highway. Work is expected to take 2 months to complete. Please use caution and be mindful of traffic control.
- Work is currently taking place in the south end of the project, from Johnson Ranch Boulevard/Gantzel Road to Magma Road in Hunt Highway to construct improvements. Current work includes utility work on the west side of Hunt Highway, with Hunt remaining open for travel, one lane in each direction, with traffic shifted away from the work zone.
- Access to the businesses remains open at Quartzite Road and off Copper Mine Road while the Hunt Highway expansion is underway.
- Riggs Rd EB and WB lane shifts from Power Rd to Hawes Rd for roadway improvements. Mar. 18 – Jan. 21; 24-hour
- Power Rd NB and SB lane shifts between Ocotillo Rd and Brooks Farms for road improvements. Jan. 16 – Feb. 01; 8:30 am – 2 pm
- Rittenhouse Rd NB shoulder work between Combs Rd and Railroad Spur crossing for roadway widening. Jan. 14 – Feb. 18; 8:30 am – 3 pm
- Ocotillo Rd NB and SB lane shift between Signal Butte Rd and 226th St for utility work. Jan. 07 – Jan. 30; 24-hour
- Victoria LN NB lane closure with flagging operations between Estrella Rd and 202nd Pl for utility work. Jan. 21 – Jan. 24; 8:30 am – 4 pm
Lane Restrictions and Road Closures For Commuters:
- Pecos Road west of Desert Foothills Parkway, eastbound and westbound lane closures. Ongoing through February.
- Desert Foothills Parkway traffic shift between Frye and Pecos roads. Ongoing through early 2019.
- Liberty Lane traffic shift between 18th Way and 12th Street. Ongoing through early 2019.
- 40th Street southbound between Briarwood Terrace and Cottonwood Lane. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through 2019.
- Liberty Lane closed westbound between YMCA and Desert Foothills Parkway. Ongoing through early 2019.
- Desert Foothills Parkway, no left turns at Frye Road. Ongoing through early 2019.
- 24th Street traffic shift between Liberty Lane and Pecos Road. Ongoing through February.
- Cottonwood Lane traffic shift at 40th Street. Ongoing through March.
- 17th Avenue traffic shift between Lacewood Place and Pecos Road. Ongoing through Spring 2019.
- Pecos Road cross streets between 40th Street and 17th Avenue flagging operations for truck traffic. Ongoing through 2019, as needed.
- Pecos Road eastbound and westbound truck traffic between 40th Street and 17th Avenue to deliver materials. Ongoing through 2019.
- Pecos Road between Desert Foothills Parkway and 17th Avenue. Friday, January 25 to Sunday, January 27.
- 12th Street at Liberty Lane. Thursday, January 24 to early February.
Gilbert Railroad work:
Union Pacific Railroad will be performing railroad track upgrades throughout the entire community between now and January 23rd. There will be constant activity on the tracks and the crossing gates are expected to go down frequently during daylight hours.
Please use caution and be aware of potential delays if your route crosses the railroad tracks. And as always, please drive safely!
10000 E Elliot
End Date: 6/30/2019, 12:00 AM
Eastbound/westbound reduced to one lane each direction for CIP CP0571BOND Elliot Road Improvements project. Speed may be reduced to 25MPH or 35MPH. Contractor: Nesbitt Contracting.
800 E Southern
End Date: 1/28/2019, 4:00 PM
Description: Eastbound and westbound left lane closed for utility work.
Greenfield & Broadway
End Date: 1/31/2019, 12:00 AM
Description North and southbound single and double lane closures for high-pressure gas line installation by Underground Construction for Southwest Gas.