Saturday, January 4, 2020 At The San Tan Mountain Regional Park
By Aravaipa Running
The San Tan Scramble is the fourth race in the Aravaipa Running – Desert Runner Trail Series, Arizona’s premier trail & ultra run series.
- Hummingbird Series = 5 Km
- Quail Series = 9 Km
- Roadrunner Series = 17 Km
- Owl Series = 26 Km
- Hawk Series = 50 Km
- 7:00 AM – 50 Km Start
- 7:15 AM – 26 Km Start
- 8:00 AM – 17 Km Start
- 8:15 AM – 9 Km Start
- 8:30 AM – 5 Km Start
- 10:30 AM – Kids Fun Run (~1.3 miles)
Tour the foothills of the San Tan and Goldmine mountain ranges. The courses feature rolling single track trails through Saguaro cactus studded mountains and valleys. San Tan Mountain Regional Park is tucked away in the Southeast Valley. Discover this hidden jewel of mountains and trails in the desert!
Kid’s Fun Run Info: Our first kids race will start at 10:30 a.m. with the kids heading down the San Tan Trail to the Stargazer trail junction where they’ll turn around and come zipping in to the finish line covering just about 1.3 total miles. The race is $8, kids receive a bib and custom finishers medal. Parents can head out with the little kids too, no problem. The course is relatively straight and flat, smooth, and wide which is kind of perfect for our beginner trail runners!
When you arrive, stop at the registration tent to either register your child or to fill out a quick information form and receive your bib if you’ve already registered online.
- Gender specific race shirt (Men’s & Women’s styles)
- Chip timed race results displayed at finish line
- Scenic and challenging course on desert trails
- Well stocked aid stations every 2.2-5.1 miles
- Post race food (egg & tofu scramble burritos) & socializing
- Finisher award pint glass
- Awards to the top 3 male & female finishers at each distance.
- All finishers will receive a finisher award.
- Points earned in the Desert Runner Trail Series.