San Tan Valley Road Work
- On March 10th utility work will take place during night hours at the intersection of Hunt Highway and Village Lane. Work is expected to last for two weeks and will include lane closures and a speed reduction for both directions of travel. Please use caution while driving through work zones.
- Hunt Highway Phase & Gantzel Road Improvements Project UPDATE. Hunt Highway Project is entering Phase 7 of the planned road work. Phase 7 is scheduled to run through the end of April of 2019.As part of the work on the east side of Hunt Highway, crews are constructing a box culvert under the driveway/roadway at the entry to Shops at Copper Basin, with the driveway to Shops at Copper Basin closed for this work. This work is nearing completion and once complete, the driveway will be reopened and similar work will take place at Quartzite Road. Quartzite Road will be closed for this work with no access to or from Hunt Highway, currently scheduled to begin Friday, February 15 and last through March 25. This work was originally scheduled to begin February 10; however, recent rains shifted this date slightly. The original schedule called for this portion of the project to run through February 27. But, rain has delayed the project so we anticipate this closure going beyond the original scheduled end date.
- In addition, crews are working to construct a box culvert under Copper Mine Road. This work is taking place one-half the road at a time so that one lane of traffic in each direction can be maintained on Copper Mine Road.
- As a reminder, speeds have been reduced through the work zone (25 mph) for the safety of nearby residents, travelers, and construction crews. Please obey traffic signage as it is placed for your safety.
- Business and resident access is being maintained, and we thank you for your continued patience during this construction.
- Be prepared, road construction to start March 18th on Ocotillo Road. Possible traffic delays due to lane restrictions and speed reductions. Please use caution while driving through the work zone and plan for extra drive time. See image below for map of location of the road work.