Hunt Highway Phase & Gantzel Road Improvements Project UPDATE. Hunt Highway Project is entering Phase 7 of the planned road work. Phase 7 is scheduled to run through the end of April of 2019.
- Work is currently taking place in the south end of the project, from Johnson Ranch Boulevard/Gantzel Road through Magma Road on Hunt Highway to construct improvements. Current work includes utility work, storm drain installation and box culvert construction on the west side of Hunt Highway, with Hunt remaining open for travel, one lane in each direction, with traffic shifted away from the work zone.
- As part of the work on the east side of Hunt Highway, crews are currently constructing a box culvert under the driveway/roadway at the entry to Shops at Copper Basin, with the driveway to Shops at Copper Basin closed for this work. This work is nearing completion and once complete, the driveway will be reopened and similar work will take place at Quartzite Road. Quartzite Road will be closed for this work with no access to or from Hunt Highway, currently scheduled to begin Sunday night, February 10 and last through the morning of February 17.
- In addition, scheduled to begin Monday, February 4, crews will work to construct a box culvert under Copper Mine Road. This work will take place one-half the road at a time so that one lane of traffic in each direction can be maintained on Copper Mine Road.
- As a reminder, speeds have been reduced through the work zone (25 mph) for the safety of nearby residents, travelers, and construction crews. Please obey traffic signage as it is placed for your safety.
- Business and resident access is being maintained, and we thank you for your continued patience during this construction.