Project Schedule For The Week Of Jan. 20 Has Been Updated
By Arizona Department Of Transportation
The Thursday, Jan. 16, closure of US 60 between Superior and Miami for the Pinto Creek Bridge project has been canceled. Instead, motorists should expect flaggers between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. No flaggers are anticipated Friday, Jan. 17.
The tentative work schedule for the week of Jan. 20 has also been updated as follows:
- Monday, Jan. 20 – Lane restrictions and flaggers between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 21 – Full closure from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lane restrictions and flaggers, if needed, between 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 22 – Lane restrictions and flaggers between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 23 – Full closure from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lane restrictions and flaggers, if needed, between 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 24 – Lane restrictions and flaggers between 6:30 a.m. and noon.
During the Tuesday and Thursday full closures, all eastbound vehicles traveling to Globe/Safford will be redirected at State Route 177 in Superior, and westbound vehicles heading towards Phoenix should take SR 77 east of Globe. Westbound traffic with Globe/Miami destinations will be able to travel as far west as Miami. Traffic will not be allowed to queue at the closure locations.
Because of the potential for long delays, motorists should plan trips before or after the full closures.
Motorists should also expect flaggers and possible delays between Superior and Top-of-the-World for a paving and guardrail project.
For more information, go to:
Drivers should proceed with caution, slow down and watch for construction personnel and equipment.