- I-10 WB closed between 35th and 43rd avenues in west Phoenix for construction of the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. I-17 NB and SB ramps to I-10 WB at the “Stack” interchange closed. I-10 WB on-ramps at 27th and 35th avenues also closed. I-10 WB also narrowed to two lanes between 43rd and 59th avenues. Expect heavy traffic and delays. Please consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 WB and SB in the West Valley. Local detour routes include WB McDowell Rd. 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) NOTE: Drivers on I-10 WB in the Tucson/Casa Grande region with no plans to stop in Phoenix area can avoid I-10 closure by detouring on WB I-8 starting in Casa Grande to SR 85 NB to access I-10 in Buckeye.
- Loop 101 EB (Pima Freeway) closed between Cave Creek Rd and State Route 51 in north Phoenix for freeway widening project. Loop 101 EB on-ramp at Seventh St closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays. Consider exiting Loop 101 EB ahead of the closure and using alternate routes. Traffic exiting at Cave Creek Rd can travel south to EB Union Hills Dr and use SR 51 NB to reach Loop 101 EB. NOTE: 56th St closed in both directions at Loop 101. Please consider alternate routes, including Tatum Blvd. 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (July 29)
- Loop 202 WB (Santan/South Mountain freeways) closed between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) in Chandler and 32nd St in Ahwatukee area for overhead sign work as part of Loop 202 South Mountain McDowell Rd PAPAGO Freeway construction. Loop 101 SB ramp to Loop 202 WB closed. Both I-10 ramps to Loop 202 WB (South Mountain Freeway/Pecos Rd) closed. US 60 WB is alternate freeway route. Drivers on Loop 202 WB approaching closure can use Loop 101 NB to US 60 WB in Tempe to reach I-10 WB (toward Sky Harbor Airport). Consider using Chandler Blvd in Awhatukee area while I-10 ramps to WB I-10/Pecos Rd are closed. 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (July 29)
- Loop 101 SB (Price Freeway) on-ramp at Warner Rd and off-ramp at Ray Rd closed for freeway widening project. Loop 101 SB right lane closed between Warner and Ray roads. Loop 101 NB (Price Freeway) on-ramp at Chandler Blvd and off-ramp at Ray Rd closed. Loop 101 NB right lane closed between Chandler Blvd and Ray Rd. Plan on using adjacent ramps. 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (July 29)
- EB Greenway Rd closed near I-17 (SB frontage road to 25th Ave) for city of Phoenix utility project. Consider alternate routes including EB Bell Rd or Thunderbird Rd. 9 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (July 29)
Additional weekend freeway restriction information listed on ADOT’s website under ADOT News: azdot.gov