Roadwork Projects That May Effect Your Weekend Travels
By Arizona Department Of Transportation
- I-10 WB closed between 35th and 67th avenues in west Phoenix for work on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Both I-17 ramps to I-10 WB at the “Stack” interchange closed. I-10 WB on-ramp at 27th Ave closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays. Consider alternate routes, including using I-17 to Loop 101 WB in north Phoenix. I-10 traffic exiting at 35th Ave can detour along McDowell Rd or Van Buren St. 10 p.m. Friday – 7 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 8) Note: This closure is scheduled to end by 7 a.m. Sunday to help with traffic before the Arizona Cardinals-Detroit Lions game (1:25 p.m. kickoff).
- Loop 101 WB (Pima Freeway) closed between Scottsdale Rd and 56th St in northeast Phoenix for freeway widening project. I-10 WB on-ramp at Hayden Rd closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays. Consider alternate routes, including exiting Loop 101 NB to WB Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd/Bell Rd to NB Tatum Blvd. Loop 101 WB traffic exiting at Scottsdale Rd can detour to WB Pinnacle Peak Rd or WB Bell Rd to Tatum Blvd to access Loop 101. Bell Rd 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 9) Note: Arizona Cardinals fans who normally use Loop 101 WB to travel toward Glendale should consider alternate routes to avoid this closure on Sunday.
- Loop 202 EB (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Loop 101 in Tempe and Higley Rd in Mesa for pavement maintenance. Both Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 EB closed. Alternate routes include US 60 EB (Superstition Freeway). Local traffic can detour on EB McKellips Rd. 12:01 a.m. Saturday – 12:01 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 8) Note: Crews will reopen sections of Loop 202 EB ahead of schedule as the fog sealing work progresses.
- Loop 202 EB and SB (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Higley Rd and US 60 (Superstition Freeway) in Mesa for pavement maintenance. Alternate routes include US 60 EB. Local traffic can detour on EB McKellips Rd and SB Power Rd. 12:01 a.m. Sunday – 12:01 a.m. Monday (Sept. 9) Note: Crews will reopen sections of Loop 202 EB ahead of schedule as the fog sealing 5 work progresses.
- I-17 SB narrowed to one lane between Daisy Mountain Dr and Pioneer Rd in north Phoenix for resurfacing. I-17 SB on-ramp at Daisy Mountain Dr and SB off-ramp at Pioneer Rd closed. Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching and traveling through the work zone. 5 a.m. – 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday (Sept. 6-7)
- Chandler Blvd closed in both directions at Loop 101 (Price Freeway) for bridge work as part of freeway widening project. Loop 101 NB on-ramp at Chandler Blvd closed. Consider alternate routes, including Ray or Frye roads and Loop 101 frontage roads. 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 9)
- I-17 NB narrowed to one lane between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads in north Phoenix for bridge work. Consider alternate routes, including NB 19th Ave, while the I-17 overnight restric8ti5on is in place. 10 p.m. Sunday – 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 9)