Roadwork Projects That May Effect Your Weekend
By Arizona Department Of Transportation
- I-10 EB closed between 67th and 43rd avenues in west Phoenix for paving as part of Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange project. I-10 EB on-ramps at 91st, 83rd, 79th and 75th avenues also closed. Alternate routes include Loop 101 NB and EB in the West Valley. I-10 EB drivers should consider exiting the freeway ahead of the closure and using detour routes, including McDowell Rd or Van Buren St.
9 p.m. Friday – 4 a.m. Monday (Oct. 7)
- I-10 WB narrowed to two lanes between the I-17 “Stack” interchange and 43rd Ave for paving as part of freeway widening project. I-17 NB ramp to I-10 WB narrowed to one lane. I-10 WB on-ramp at 27th Ave closed. Alternate routes include Loop 101 WB and SB in West Valley.
8 p.m. Saturday – 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 7)
I-10 WB also narrowed to three lanes between 43rd and 59th avenues from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 6)
- Grand Ave (US 60) closed in both directions between Dysart Rd and Loop 303 in the northwest Valley for pavement sealing work. R.H. Johnson Blvd, Reems Rd and Dysart Rd will be restricted but open for cross traffic at Grand Ave. Bell Rd bridge also will be open at Grand Ave (with ramp closures). Detour routes will include Loop 303, Bell Rd, Greenway Rd and El Mirage Rd.
11:30 p.m. Saturday – 4 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 6)
- I-17 NB narrowed to one lane overnight near Happy Valley Rd for interchange reconstruction project. Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zones. Alternate routes include NB 19th Ave to WB Jomax Rd to travel beyond restriction.
10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday and Monday nights (Oct. 6-7)
- Loop303closedintermittentlyinbothdirectionsnearLakePleasant Pkwy for APS utility line work. Loop 303 closed up to 15 minutes each time. Loop 303 EB on-ramp and WB off-ramp at Lake Pleasant Pkwy also closed as needed. Drivers should allow extra travel time or consider alternate routes, including Happy Valley Pkwy or State Route 74.
9 p.m. Saturday – 9 a.m. Sunday (Oct. 6)
- Loop 101 NB (Price Freeway) narrowed to two lanes overnight between Chandler Blvd and Ray Rd for widening project. Please use caution in work zones.
10 p.m. – 5 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights (Oct. 4-5)
9 p.m. Sunday – 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 7)
Loop 101 NB on-ramp at Chandler Blvd closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 5) and from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 7). Expect other ramp closures in areas between US 60 and Chandler Blvd over the weekend. Plan on using frontage roads and other nearby ramps.
Grand Ave (US 6C0A) Travel Advisory
Grand Ave narrowed to one lane in areas between 83rd and 27th avenues Sunday through Thursday nights (9 p.m. – 5 a.m.) starting Sunday (Oct. 6) through late October. Pavement maintenance will begin along EB Grand Ave at 83rd Ave and focus on two-mile segments each night.