May 10-13, 2019
By Arizona Department Of Transportation
Drivers should be aware of the following restrictions:
- I-10 WB closed between 51st and 83rd avenues in west Phoenix for construction at the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. I-10 WB on-ramps at 27th, 35th and 43rd avenues also closed. Expect heavy traffic and consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 west of I-17. Drivers on I-10 WB also can consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes, including McDowell Rd. 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (May 13) – For more on this, go to page 6.
- Bell Rd Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed in both directions between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) in Chandler and Williams Field Road in Gilbert for pavement improvements. Loop 101 SB ramp to Loop 202 EB in Chandler closed. Expect heavy traffic and consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 NB (Price Freeway) to US 60 EB (Superstition Freeway) or Loop 202 EB (Red Mountain Freeway). NoOrTthEe:rCnrPekwsywill work to reopen sections of Loop 202 in stages as the work progresses over the weekend. 10 p.m. Friday – 3 a.m. Monday (May 13)
- I-10 EB (toward Phoenix) narrowed to one lane in areas between Verrado Way and Loop 303 for pavement improvements. Allow extra travel time. Expect intermittent ramp closures as the work progresses and plan on using adjacent ramps at times. Alternate routes include EB Yuma Rd, Van Buren St or McDowell Rd. 10 p.m. Friday – noon Saturday (May 11)
- I-10 WB (toward Los Angeles) narrowed to one lane in areas between Loop 303 and Verrado Way for pavement improvements. Allow extra travel time. Expect intermittent ramp closures, including closures of Loop 303 ramps to I-10 WB, as the work progresses. Plan on using adjacent ramps at times. Alternate routes include WB Yuma Rd,PVeacons Rd Buren St or McDowell Rd. 10 p.m. Saturday – noon Sunday (May 12)
- SR 51 NB ramp to Loop 101 WB (Pima Freeway) in north Phoenix closed for barrier wall repair. SR 51 NB exit to Black 85 Mountain Blvd also closed. SR 51 NB HOV-lane ramp to Loop 101 EB closed (the primary ramp to Loop 101 EB will remain open). Consider exiting SR 51 NB to WB Union Hills Dr before using NB Cave Creek Rd to access Loop 101 WB. 10 p.m. Friday – 10 a.m. Saturday (May 11)
I-10 Travel Advisory
- Due to I-10 closures or restrictions in the Phoenix area, I-10 WB travelers in the Tucson region can consider detouring to I-8 WB near Casa Grande and using SR 85 NB to reach I-10 in Buckeye.