May 17-20, 2019
By Arizona Department Of Transportation
Drivers should be aware of the following restrictions. Numbers on the map match the numbers next to the advisory warning.
1. I-10 EB closed between 83rd and 51st avenues
In west Phoenix for paving at the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. I-10 EB on-ramp at 91st Ave also closed. Loop 101 SB ramp to I-10 EB closed. Loop 101 SB on-ramp at Thomas Rd closed. Expect heavy traffic and consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 in the West Valley. I-10 EB traffic exiting at 83rd Ave can detour along local alternate routes, including EB McDowell Rd. NOTE: I-10 EB drivers in the far West Valley region who plan to travel beyond the Phoenix area can consider exiting to SR 85 SB in Buckeye and then using I-8 EB to reach I-10 in the Casa Grande area.
9 p.m. Friday – 4 a.m. Monday
2. I-10 EB (toward Phoenix) narrowed to two lanes between Verrado Way and Loop 303
For pavement improvements. Allow extra travel time. Expect temporary intermittent ramp restrictions as the work progresses, including closures of the I-10 EB ramps to Loop 303 NB and SB. Alternate routes include EB Yuma Rd, Van Buren St or McDowell Rd.
3. I-10 WB (toward Los Angeles) narrowed to one lane in areas between Loop 303 and Verrado Way
For pavement improvements. Allow extra travel time. Expect temporary intermittent ramp restrictions as the work progresses, including closures of Loop 303 ramps to I-10 WB. Alternate routes include WB Yuma Rd, Van Buren St or McDowell Rd. 10 p.m. Saturday – noon Sunday (May 19)
4. I-10 EB and WB ramps to I-17 NB at the “Stack” interchange closed
For Cox Communications overhead line installation.
4. I-17 also closed intermittently up to 20 minutes each time between Indian School and Thomas roads.
I-17 NB on-ramps at McDowell and Thomas roads and SB on-ramp at Indian School Rd closed. Expect restrictions at times along I-17 frontage roads. I-10 WB on-ramp at Seventh Ave closed. Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes. SR 51 is an alternate freeway route. NOTE: Approximately 5 intermittent closures of I-17 are planned between the hours listed below.
5. I-17 SB off-ramp at 16th St closed for bridge maintenance.
5. NB 16th St left two lanes closed near I-17 with no access to I-17 NB on-ramp.
5. Also: SB Seventh St left two lanes closed near I-17 with no access to I-17 SB on-ramp
Consider alternate routes, including I-17 SB off-ramp at Seventh St. 10 p.m. Friday – 10 a.m. Sunday (May 19)
US 60 Ramp Closure
US 60 EB (Superstition Freeway) off ramp at Val Vista Dr closed for city of Mesa project. 10 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday (May 20)