By Arizona Department Of Transportation
Westbound Loop 202 (Santan and South Mountain freeways) will be closed from Loop 101 (Price Freeway) across Interstate 10 to 32nd Street this weekend to allow construction crews to remove and replace overhead signs as part of Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway construction.
Drivers should expect very heavy traffic and potential delays, and may want to consider alternate routes.
The westbound closure will be in effect from 10 p.m. Friday, July 26, to 5 a.m. Monday, July 29.
There are a number of other restrictions related to the Loop 202 closure:
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) traffic will be detoured to northbound Loop 101, then west on US 60 to reach I-10.
- Southbound Loop 101 ramps to westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed and traffic will be diverted to Chandler Boulevard. Drivers should consider taking westbound US 60 to eastbound I-10 to avoid the closure.
- Ramps from I-10 to westbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) will be closed.
- Ramps from westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to I-10 will be closed.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) drivers can reach I-10 by exiting at Price Road, traveling south to Queen Creek Road and west to I-10.
Eastbound lanes on Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will remain open.
Drivers also should be aware that the Loop 101 exits in both directions at Ray Road will be closed for work on the Loop 101 widening project. The southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Warner Road and the northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Chandler Boulevard also will be closed. The closures also are in effect from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
For information on the project, please visit SouthMountainFreeway.com.