We have two turkey-based recipes for you all as you try to make room in your fridge for all of the leftovers.
First up: Olive-Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
Olives and turkey meatballs? Say what? Those might not be the first two things you’d think to pair together, but they actually combine to make a nutritious and savory meal!
Turkey meatballs are a healthy alternative to their regular counterpart, and of course, they’re packed with a good amount of protein. The olives inside add a bold layer of flavor to an already scrumptious dish.
Switch the pasta out for some veggies for a complete meal!
Ready for this Italian treat? You won’t be disappointed!
- 20 oz of Italian seasoned lean ground turkey
- 30 pitted olives
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Take one tablespoon of ground turkey at a time. Flatten it in your hand and form around an olive to create a ball. Repeat with all of the turkey and olives.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, and spread it around the pan. Add the meatballs.
- Turn the meatballs every 3 minutes for 20 minutes of cooking. Remove them once all sides are browned and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve on a platter with any remaining olives.
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 800mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 20g
Next: Cinnamon Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps With Quick Apple Chutney
Mmmm, cinnamon apple. One of the most comforting mixtures to enjoy on a brisk Autumn day. With Fall right around the corner, it’s never too early to start dipping your toes into some new recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you on track with your health.
This recipe combines sweet and savory in the best way! These cinnamon ground turkey lettuce wraps with apple chutney are a lean, green, tasty machine! Ready to eat your way to health? Let’s get cooking!
- 12 large Romaine lettuce leaves
For the Cinnamon Ground Turkey Rice:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded (To shred: cut into florets and run through a food processor with the grating attachment)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chicken broth
- dash of freshly ground pepper
For the Quick Apple Chutney:
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 green apples, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon coconut crystals
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- sprinkle of sea salt
For the Cinnamon Ground Turkey Rice: In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and onions, cook for 3 minutes, until soft. Add salt, cinnamon and ground turkey. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add the head of shredded cauliflower, raisins, broth, and pepper. Cook for another 4 minutes, until heated through.
For the Quick Apple Chutney: In a medium skillet place the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and apples. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover, add the cinnamon, coconut crystals, apple juice, and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for another 4 minutes until apples are tender.
Assemble Your Lettuce Wraps: Spread a generous spoonful of the turkey mixture along the center of a Romaine lettuce leaf, top with a spoonful of chutney. Enjoy!
- Number of Servings: 6
- Calories per serving: 248
- Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 17g
Learn more about San Tan Valley Fit Body Boot Camp and their full schedule of fitness classes: