There are Not a Lot of Jobs in San Tan, But What About Close to San Tan?
Just 30 minutes outside of town you will find ZF, who has multiple full time openings offering very competitive benefits. Here is just one of many careers available with ZF.
Schedule 1 Operator (SHI2- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Shifts) in Mesa, AZ
1st Shift 6:00am-2:30pm
2nd Shift 2:00pm – 10:30pm
3rd Shift 10:00pm – 6:30am
Under close supervision performs routine and repetitive production activities where work is of a machine loading and tending nature such as assembling and post-processing of inflators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transfers, stocks, loads/unloads materials for the production lines. These materials may vary by business team: diffusers, holders, retainers, initiators, o-rings, end caps, sleeves, canisters, filters, tubes, disks, foil seals, springs, support barrels, shorting clips, labels and generant.
- Operates machinery and equipment where operations allow minor operator latitude as to method of production or process.
- May check, correct or perform rework of inflators.
- Performs quality procedures/audits including dimensional checks as required; performs visual
- Inspection of completed inflators and other parts.
- Performs traceability activities to ensure accurate tracking of product/materials.
- Participates in general housekeeping (5S) duties in the work area.
- Completes end-of-shift and other required paperwork required for documentation processes.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on area equipment.
- Rotates through various stations in the area.
- Conducts on-the-job training for newly hired and/or transferred employees.
- May cross-train into other production areas to provide support to those areas.
- Informs appropriate personnel of materials and equipment problems. Participates in meetings to resolve production issues, and interfaces with other shifts and support groups as needed.
Ability: Knowledge of manufacturing, rework and preventative maintenance instructions.
Must be able to push, pull or lift 50 lbs regularly and perform continuous, active, physical effort. Prolonged period(s) of standing is required. Work may require the use of specialized safety equipment.
As with all positions, will have responsibility for the following:
Safety and Environmental:
- Safety Meetings
- Safety Inspections
- Incident Investigations and Corrective Actions
- Protective Equipment
- Safety/Environmental Regulations and Practices
- Waste and Wastewater Management
- Operations and Maintenance of Equipment
- Pollution Prevention
- Regulatory Updates
Promotion of product quality and attainment of customer satisfaction by supporting plant quality objectives.
Supports and actively participates in continuous improvement activities and applies Lean principles in efforts to reduce variation in our products and our processes.
TRW Mesa Operations screening process includes a hair substance abuse screening test, ATF lifetime background check and verification of eligibility for employment.